Martha Stewart One-Pot Pasta

Have you heard of the one-pot pasta dish, in which you actually cook the pasta AND the ingredients altogether from time-zero to finish, in the same pot?


I came across it a long time ago actually, but only managed to have it tried-and-tested recently. This is a god-send solution for lazy cooks like me. Thanks, Martha Stewart. Now I question myself, as to: why have I not known this even much earlier?  Previously, however easy it may sound, even to make the simplest pasta dish like Aglio Oliothere was still a need to heat up the pan with oil, saute the garlic and tomatoes and set up another pot to boil (cook) the pasta.

Oh, but now, with this one-pot pasta, one-pot does it all! And I am quite happy with the results.


If you are looking for a more robust and flavorful dish, you probably cannot skip steps. You have to saute the onions, garlic and tomatoes to exude more flavors from these ingredients. However, if one day, you are REALLY (I mean, REALLY) running out of time or just cannot spare another 5 minutes of effort and energy to cook something, this one-pot method will be your savior. A light-tasting dish not lacking in flavor but much easier to cook.

I had 5 minutes more to spare on this day. What I did differently - blanched/steamed some broccoli, and finely crumbled cooked (leftover) salmon by the sides to make the pasta more complete. The one-pot method already saved me some cooking time, so prepping some sides came as a bonus.



It was adapted from this One-Pan Pasta recipe, and I did not follow the recipe to a T, as usual. Note: Need to add less water the next time as the water did not reduce completely after the pasta was cooked, and I was left with some more liquid. If the water quantity had been more precise, the cooking liquid would have been completely reduced and absorbed by the pasta.


Sharing with Hearth and Soul

Tag:

An Escape to Food on Facebook